Thoughts of the Pacific evoke images of crystal clear azure waters, swaying palm trees, white sandy beaches and colourful cocktails dressed with exotic fruits. You are just three hours away from relaxation, warm weather and waters teeming with tropical marine life along with resorts offering your favourite activity – be it watersports or a sunlounger!
Travel bubble with the Cook Islands commences on 17th May 2021
What you need to know:
- Quarantine-free travel applies to all travellers in New Zealand and the Cook Islands who meet the eligibility requirements to travel.
- Travellers will have to have been in the Cook Islands or New Zealand for at least 14 days before travel. Those wanting to travel between Australia and the Cooks need to spend at least 14 days in New Zealand in the middle.
- No-one should travel if they are unwell, if they are waiting on a C-19 test, or if they have been in contact with anyone suspected to have C-19.
- There is no requirement for a pre-departure C-19 test, but travellers will have to complete a travel declaration, provide a health declaration and there will be random health checks at airports.
- Normal immigration rules for entry into each country continue to apply. Travellers will need to check what that means for their individual situation.
- From 17 May travellers in both directions will not have to enter managed quarantine facilities.
- Flights will be operating as ‘green’, with measures in place through the traveller journey to keep travellers separate from ‘red’ flights to/from New Zealand where passengers need to enter MIQ.