Explorer Dream Cruises
Fairly new to New Zealand waters, but a huge hit with Kiwi family’s as they offer exciting 7 night cruises around the country starting and finishing in Auckland.
You enter the ship via the Grand Plaza, and be amazed by the décor! There’s a 24 hour reception and box office where you can book everything from kids club to evening entertainment and shore excursions.
There’s a coffee bar, selling hot drinks and snacks even while in port. If you buy a drinks package it’s all included
There are several speciality restaurants onboard:
- Mozzarella restaurant – bread items and coffee, Danishes, and very cheap $10 pizzas!
- Mah, Jong tables – be sociable and have a game!
- Blue Lagoon open 24 hours, serving Asian food
- Hot Pot Asian steamboat
- Japanese restaurant Umi Uma, plus Teppanyaki. Also has a set menu, a La carte, and sushi bar
- Silk Road traditional Chinese speciality
Pavilion restaurant, serving Chinese food, sharing feast style. The menu changes daily, the whole menu is brought to the table, so go hungry! Open for breakfast too.
Dream Dining restaurant, serving western cuisine.
Inclusive restaurant, buffet style. Serving breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner and snack bar when closed
Lido grill, outside part bow of the ship
- Free for 2 hours, then $30 AUD per hour, if it’s not full there is no charge.
- Activities include making sushi, pizza, donning an officers uniform and going to the bridge.
- Spend time with kids in the Zone. There is a bank of PS4 consoles, air hockey, board games, dance games, arcade games from $2, $4, $17.
- Tap room key and play. Tickets for prizes.
- Steam room, Japanese pool etc from $10-15 a day
- Free gym access (restricted to age 16+)
- Guest suite complex, with its own pool, WiFi, check-in, restaurant, speciality restaurants access (no extra charge).
- Own Pool at Bow of the ship
- The Palace restaurant has a casino one side open 24 hours for Palace guests only
- Massive menu changes daily, eat any time
- Massive menu changes daily, eat any time
- Cabins range from Inside staterooms to ocean view, balcony, and Palace Suites
- Only Balconies interconnect but are ideal for families of 5 or more.
- Cabins assigned automatically but can request specific cabins numbers.
There are no obstructed cabins, lifeboats all on the shopping level.
Broadway shows are twice a night, with a different show each night.
Drinks packages are available, soft drinks only, classic (standard beers and wines), and premium
Luxury Ocean Cruising:
Viking Cruises – the Thinking Person’s cruise
What is truly unique about Viking cruises are the things they’re famous for not including:
No casinos, no kids under 18, no umbrella drinks, no photography sales, no art auctions, no charge for beer & wine with lunch and dinner, no restaurant surcharges, no charge for wifi, no charge for use of laundrettes, no entrance fee for spa, no inside staterooms, no smoking, no waiting in lines, no formal nights, butlers or white gloves and no nickel and diming
It’s a breath of fresh air!
Viking ships are all identical so you know what to expect no matter which ship you choose
All staterooms have a verandah
There are 8 dining venues, 2 require reservations
Drinks packages are USD$20 per day, however, you can byo bring what you like, and there is no corkage
So remove the drinks from the minibar and you’re away!
One shore excursion per port is included. Wifi is everywhere on board, not in select main areas.
Prices include all taxes and fees, the currency on board is USD
With only 930 guests on the ship, there are no queues, nor are there tour desks, but assistance is available.
The décor is elegant light timber and white, everything looks fresh and new onboard. There are plenty of relaxing lounge areas, no tannoy announcements. The evening entertainment is light. There are no Broadway type shows.
The Spa is called Fire and Ice, with an Infinity pool, jacuzzi and sauna. A wooden bucket of ice water, steam room, and snow room make up the daily recommended fire and ice treatment of 3 hot and 3 cold treatments, great for circulation. There is also a gym and Pilates and yoga classes.
Enjoy a drink at Explorer bar, and afternoon tea daily at the Wintergarden
Or relax in the pool area, and bar and eating area. The roof opens, there are lots of places to relax, with dancing and movies under stars
Verandah staterooms are the lead-in category. The mini-bar is replenished once.
Deluxe verandah stateroom the minibar is replenished daily and a coffee machine is in each stateroom. Also included is One chef’s table booking and one guaranteed specialty restaurant booking.
Penthouse verandah stateroom, with spirits in the mini bar
Penthouse Junior Suite has a living area and includes 3 restaurant bookings
Owner Suites, has a separate bedroom, extra services, board room, bar, and sauna off the bathroom.
From the My Viking app, once booked on your cruise you can plan your shore excursions
All beds are Queens and can break into twins
In the bathroom is a full-size shower, TV, with live sport, movies etc
There are two cinemas, where Ted talks are shown during the day, next to the main theatre
The restaurant, is the name of the main restaurant.
By purchasing a drinks package you get a better range of drinks.
Get in contact to find out how you can book these cruises, including their incredible fly free deals.